Wednesday, 26 April 2017

Choosing Bridesmaids


Choosing my bridesmaids was bread and butter.. literally super easy. I always knew when I get married, I wanted my clique aka my girls, my sister and cousin's to be in my bridal party. I mean, I just wouldn't have it any other way. My girls are my sisters, literally I thank God for blessing me with such great friends. We have been through so much together. We have cried, prayed, disagreed to agree and  laughed together.  This is what makes us special, we have a great bond since secondary school. It's now  been 17 years since we been friends, for sure I wasn't going to pick anyone else. Without them I would feel like so much is missing on my wedding day.

Before you start picking your bridal party think about who you would want next to you on the biggest day of your life? Who will make you happy and at ease? who will help you plan your hen party? 

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU ASK.

At this point I hope you know who your true friends are, otherwise,you're in for a big surprise. I've heard stories were "so called friends" cancelled on being bridesmaids last minute or they come with bad attitude and don't want to be involved. Once you ask someone to be your brides you cannot go back! honestly take your time after engagement and really think about who you want on the front line of the most important day of your life. 

In addition, you will need your bridal party to finance a few things. Not everyone will be willing to pay for their attire or bits and bobs for your wedding. So it's important to discuss these things prior to the wedding. Your true friends would make sure you're well looked after on your big day and they would understand that what you want on your day is very important. 

HOW TO CHOOSE BRIDESMAIDS.

Ladies take your time picking your bridal party. Bridesmaid aren't just a pretty prop for the pictures. Think carefully about the kind of relationship you have with each individual, do you trust their judgement? Are you yourself 100% in their company? Honestly, bridesmaids actually have a big and important job to do. They are the ones who help you plan your wedding day, go dress fittings with you, and  be there when you want to talk. They need to help you make the right choices. They are the shoulders you cry on when stress kicks in trust me.

Choose the girls who make you feel like your day would be lacking something if they weren't there by your side cheering you. You will need your girls to help you get into your dress, remind you how beautiful you look before walking down the aisle to meet your husband. The energy they transfer to you that day is very important. 
Think about it this way. It's like being on a night out with your girls, do they tell you when your eyebrows are too big? do they compliment you when you look good? do they tell you when you don't look good? think of all these questions and I guarantee  you will make the right choice.

STAND YOUR GROUND 

Bridesmaids can be stressful, everyone has an opinion and I guarantee you will hear things like "please don't make me wear pink dress or anything bright cause it don't suit my complexion, and  it's not me at all". These little pushes clearly indicates you need to stand your ground, be firm and stick to your theme. Your friends will understand that it's your wedding not there's, so what you want goes. You cannot change your theme just because it doesn't suit one person, I know it sounds a little harsh but it's the truth.

NOT EVERYONE WILL MAKE YOUR BRIDAL TEAM.

Depending on how many people you want in your bridal party, you may not want all your friends to be your bridesmaids. If this is the case then be gentle and break it to them gently. Often people can get upset so maybe create roles for your other friends who don't make the bridal party. For example some can do the reading in the ceremony and some can help with arranging flowers. If you're having a traditional wedding then let them be more involved in the planning as well.




This post was requested, I hope you enjoy and get a few tips to prepare your big day. 

Love Edwige 
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment